Chichester, UK

Lock down= Frock down

Monday, March 30, 2020



So here we are, in our homes (hopefully- unless you're a key worker than praise to you for being bloody awesome!) and we are trying to adjust to our new (hopefully temporary) lives.

So how have I been faring? To be completely frank with you, not great. For most of my life I have suffered from anxiety in some form. It's luckily not always been an issue, but it has reared it's butt ugly face more times than I care for throughout my life. Sometimes it's really crap, other times I just need some quiet time and it settles down. So as you can imagine at the moment my anxiety levels are peaking pretty high.
For the last two weeks, every day has had it's high levels of worry, fretting, panics and just feeling exhausted. From being online I don't feel completely alone feeling this way. My anxieties do increase when it comes to my health. I'm a hypochondriac and hate being ill (who does!) so the threat of this virus is not helping my mental health in any way.

I'm currently signed off work for two weeks to try and help me get my head in a better place. Things that have helped have been playing what is probably going to be the most sold game of 2020; Animal Crossing New Horizons. It's the ideal easy-going game for the climate we are in at the moment. Watching my fav day time tv programmes like Homes Under the Hammer, Escape to the Country (yes please!) and Countdown (yes I am a 35 yeard old OAP!). Pottering about my flat, tidying, cleaning and moving things around (much to my husbands annoyed mutterings!).
My wardrobe is chocca full of what my husband would call 'tat'. So that is on my list at some point to reorganise. I'll try and blog about how I get on with that.
Youtube has also been my go-to to feel connected to a wider community. I like catching up with my favourite vloggers to see how they are getting on. Takes me out of my head for a while.

My eating has been limited. I am one of those people who when the tough gets going, the going eats little. My appetite kinda diminishes, which doesn't help. Also, I am trying to be a bit rational with how much I eat, so I don't eat myself out of house and home within one week! I've not been exercising, but that's nothing new. My husband does have an exercise bike, but I find I don't have the motivation to use it- or if I do I do about 5 minutes and give up. Gym bunny I am not!

Sleep has not been great either. I can fall asleep as by the time I hit the hay because I'm exhausted, but end up dreaming a lot and waking up early and then feel sluggish throughout the day.


My one saviour so far has been this blog. From the age I could write, I loved it. I loved creative writing at school, it was my favourite lesson. And more recently I've written blogs but they have kinda fallen by the wayside over the last year or so. I'm finding with this blog it's a great way to channel my energies (what I have!) and gives me an opportunity to share my love of secondhand and vintage fashion. So this is my plan going forward whilst I am at home, to write and keep updating my blog (oh and catch more butterflies in Animal Crossing).

Come back soon as my next post will be my recommendation on what to watch on Netflix for the fashion-forward of you.

Much love,

Abbie xx

Post a Comment